Ways to Play with the Bones of the Hand Control Kit
Bones of the Hand Control Sheet Kit
Note: The Bones of the Hand Control Sheet Kit is intended to be used with the Bones of the Hand Puzzle (sold separately). However, some activities may be done separately. Additional activities with the Bones of the Hand Puzzle are listed on the Bones of the Hand Puzzle "Ways to Play" page.
For the initial introduction:
- Introduce the labeled control sheet. "These are the bones of the human hand". Place your hand over the outline - it will be approximately the same size as it is scaled to be the size of a large man's hand. "Each bone has a specific name." Introduce the individual labels. Place each label over its counterpart on the control sheet.
- Using the labeled control sheet as a guide, place the individual labels on the unlabeled control sheet.
- Without using the labeled control sheet, place the individual labels on the unlabeled control sheet. Check yourself with the labeled control sheet.
- Construct the puzzle. Place the individual labels by the correct puzzle piece. Check yourself with the labeled control sheet.
- Place the individual labels in random order. Place the appropriate puzzle piece beside each label. Construct the puzzle on the labeled control sheet to check yourself.
- On paper, trace the puzzle pieces in correct formation and then label each bone.
- On paper, trace each piece and label. Combine the pages to make a booklet.
(Note: In a Montessori environment, this material supports the Third Great Lesson: The Coming of Human Beings.)